Sunday, March 16, 2014

Where To Go: The Date Thing


I am so excited to introduce a new project I started a few weeks ago. I often get asked where does one go for a cool date besides the movies. I even found myself in that predicament when I started dating again a couple months ago. There are so many places out there that no one would think of going on a date. Going to the movies on a first date is a bad idea, in my opinion. How are you supposed to get to know a person if you're just sitting quietly in the dark next to them.

Then I created The Date Thing in Jacksonville. It is my soon-to-be website and mobile app. I am currently populating the website so it is not quite official yet. So far I've added places such as The Edge Rock Gym, Doing Dishes, Painting with a Twist, Publix Apron, and A Social Affair Dance Studio. Below is a screen shot of what the current homepage looks like. You'll notice the categories I have listed as well. The website still has a lot of work to do and it will take some time since I am doing this by myself.



I call this The Date Thing because...well I just think it is easier to remember and it is kind of different. I kept calling it the date thing as I was speaking about it to a friend about my idea and it stuck. I didn't want to call it "Date Night" or "Night Out" because it just seems too cliché. The Date Thing is easier to use in a conversation, well maybe it's just me.

"Hun, what do you want to do tonight?"

"I can't think of anything, check The Date Thing."

In the meantime LIKE TDT on Facebook and FOLLOW TDT on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment