Saturday, February 8, 2014

Where To Eat: Hawkers Asian Street Fare


A blog can't fully describe how excited I am about the opening of the Hawkers Asian Street Fare restaurant in Jacksonville. I've tasted them in Orlando and I am so happy they have chosen Jacksonville as their new home. They still have their Orlando location, but the Riverside location is sure going to be a hit here.

Hawkers serve their food tapas style, meaning they are not large portions. This is a great thing because that gives you a chance to try multiple dishes from their menu. I believe the pricing is reasonable for what you get. My most favorite item to get is the Roti Canai, which is Malaysian flat breads served with a side of spicy curry dipping sauce. My mouth is watering just describing that. Yum! Expect to find menu items such as noodle soup bowls, stir-fry noodles, tacos, salads, egg rolls...I can go on and on, but you know what? Check this place out yourself. They will open Monday, February 10th, 2014 at 11am!

The Hawkers in Orlando has a great variety of craft beer and wine to choose from, I can't confirm just yet if our Jacksonville location will have the same.


The Roti Canai


Malaysian Satay Chicken, Beef, and Shrimp Skewers.


1001 Park St Jacksonville, FL 32204

Photo source: Hawkers Street Fare on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment